ICORE has four divisions, Open, Limited, Limited 6, and Classic. The purpose of the divisions is to allow competitors to compete using the same equipment specified for that division. A competitor may only compete in a single division that must be declared prior to the start of competition.
A revolver must compete in the Open Division if it has one or more of the following modifications:
- Compensating, venting, or metering ports of any kind.
- An optical sight including telescopic and red dot sights.
A revolver may compete in the Limited Division if it does NOT have any of the modifications listed under the Open Division.
A revolver may compete in the Limited 6 Division if it meets the provisions of the Limited division and has the following additional requirement.
- A cylinder with only 6 chambers.
A Classic Division revolver is a Limited Division revolver that has the following additional requirements:
- Cylinder with only 6 chambers.
- Any barrel other than an unaltered factory barrel or an unaltered factory replacement barrel made by
the revolver’s manufacturer is not allowed in Classic Division. Alterations to the barrel other than
what is required to safely install the barrel are not permitted in Classic Division.
- An under lug, barrel weight, grip weight, or any other modification designed to increase the weight of
the revolver is not permitted in Classic Division.
- Must only use speed loaders to reload. Moon clips are prohibited.
- A revolver may only compete in a single Division that must be declared prior to the start of competition